Mom and Dad headed to Austin for Morgan and Paul's wedding the first weekend of our break.
We stayed with Oma and Opa and had a weekend filled with a soccer tournament and birthday parties. We missed mom and dad, but we had fun at our grandparents.
When Mom and Dad got home, we all headed out to the tree farm and picked out our Christmas tree.
On Monday, Dad and Evan headed up to the Willy Ranch. Evan was hoping to get a big one! Mom and I decided to start our girl weekend off with one of my favorites....Luby's. You can't go to Luby's without getting dessert!
Next on the agenda was snuggling up and watching a movie. It was a nice relaxing evening.
Evan and Dad had fun shooting targets. Dad sent Mom these pictures from his phone.
This is the distance to the target that Evan was shooting.
He did great! He hit his target!!!
Mom and I decided to start a new tradition while the boys are hunting over Thanksgiving. We did a canvas painting together. I decided to paint a snowman. Mom said I am a natural artist like Oma. I hung the painting on my bedroom door.
Thanksgiving morning, we woke up and just laid in bed all morning watching movies. It was a very relaxing morning! Mom and I spent Thanksgiving day all by ourselves. We enjoyed movies, lunch, bike rides, and walking Alley. It was a great day together.
The boys finally got home that evening, and unfortunately, they didn't have any luck shooting a deer. We rushed over to Aunt Verlene's and Uncle Jeff's house for the Buchanan Thanksgiving Dinner. I wore a special shirt that Oma made for me! We ate dinner outside by their fireplace. We even got to roast marshmallows and make smores. I was glad to have Evan and Dad back home with us. We missed them very much!
By: Ava




No comments:
Post a Comment