Sunday, May 13, 2012

Selfless

The Roughriders played in the 300 Points - Lights Out USSSA Tournament at Ford Park. The boys wanted to win this tournament so bad because they knew if they did they would receive championship rings.  They had never won a ring before!  On Saturday the boys played against the Sulphur Elite Blue.  They pulled off a win with the score being 18-3! Unfortunately, the Rough Riders had a "rough" game against the Thunder from Lake Charles.  It ended in a 7-4 loss.

Sunday was not only about baseball, but it was also Mother's Day.  At first I was disappointed that the boys were playing on Mother's Day because I wanted to spend the day with my mom and Paul's mom and Grandmother. I was so scared that they would be disappointed that we couldn't share that day with them.  However, I thought to myself about what a mom truly is.  I looked back on my mom and the way I was raised.  I thought of all the selflessness she gave throughout her life to all four of her children.  I thought about all the times that she gave us what we needed while she would go without.  I realized that my mom had taught me a great lesson in life, and that is that you put your children before yourself.  It is their time to shine, and their will be plenty of days to focus on myself when they are grown.  When those days come, I am sure I will be wishing to be back at the ballpark again.  


Ava only attended Evan's first game.  She cheered him on the whole time.  All of her cousins were swimming at BB's house.  I knew how much she wanted to be there, so Opa came and picked her up to go swimming.  I would have loved to spend the day with her, but I needed to be selfless and let her go have fun.


I think the boys really wanted to pull off another great day of baseball for their moms.  There first game was against the Toros from Sulphur.  Rough Riders had a victory 13-0.  The next game was a 9-1 vicory against the Southeast Texas Venom.  The Championship game against Conroe Colts ended in a 9-0 win for the Texas Roughriders. The boys did such an awesome job.  They only allowed one run in three games that day.  All the moms were so proud!  The boys received their first Championship Rings!





We had to get a Mother/Son photo to always remember this special Mother's Day!




After the game, I thought to myself what could be a better Mother's Day gift than to see your children do something they love, try their best, and succeed in it.  The smile on Evan's face was all the gift I needed for Mother's Day.  After the games I went to visit my mom and picked up Ava from swimming and believe me she had just as big of a smile on her face for my gift as well!  Paul also went to visit his mom and grandmother and had a great visit.  Our moms understood why we couldn't be with them all day, and we appreciate that.  A mom, no matter what age, is always selfless!!!


By:  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment